Wednesday, May 6, 2015

4 Days to Go – The 7 Dirty Thirties

             It’s Wednesday, May 6, 2015, and I have 4 days away from starting the most intense athletic endeavor of my life. 7 Days, 30 miles per day, 210 total miles; South Mountain, San Tan Regional Park, Usery Mountain Regional Park, McDowell Mountain Regional Park, Cave Creek Regional Park, Dreamy Draw Park, and South Mountain again.

            This journey has been an interesting one. While I have been lucky enough to get through the training without substantial injuries and very little conflicts, the struggle has mainly been a mental one. This has been the case, especially during the last couple of months. The daily runs, sometimes two, three, or even four hours long, begin to weigh heavily and there were times where I just wanted to stay home. But I did it, and I’m here, days away from beginning the final push. 

            When I started this journey, I had a vision. And like any vision, it hasn’t turned out to be what I expected. I’ve had to reassess, I’ve had to change perspectives and mindsets, but at the end of the day, I’ve arrived ready and excited to start.

            I plan on posting often next week. I plan on documenting how I feel, daily. I hope you’ll follow along because for me, it’s easier to continue through a difficult struggle when I know that I’m not doing it alone. Thank you to everyone who has supported me so far and thank you to everyone who will be around next week to push me along, especially when I feel like quitting. This will be a journey and a challenge for all of us and your support and encouragement will help me put one foot in front of the other and achieve this goal I’ve set for myself.

            Thank you, to everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment